We care deeply about women and children who are dealing with the impacts of domestic and family violence.
“I feel blessed to be part of the Program and LifeCare. I am in a better place now and it gives me hope for the future.”
Lifecare offers a strengths-based domestic violence support program providing post-crisis support for single mothers who have experienced intimate partner violence.
The program runs over 12 months and covers the following modules (one per term):
- Understanding Abuse
- Managing Strong Emotions
- Assertiveness & Healthy
- Building Healthy Relationships
Courage to Heal provides:
• A safe, supportive and healing space to build self-esteem, confidence and resilience
• Social activities that create friendships with others who have experienced similar situations
• Mindfulness and other relaxation techniques
• Short-term case management and family support
• Access to a holistic range of services from LifeCare, including counselling, play therapy, mentoring, financial care and community events.
Attend one day per week (either Wed or Thu) from 10am – 12:45pm, during school terms.
Located near public transport in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. Free onsite parking is available.
Referral only, with a maximum of 8 to 10 participants per group (waiting list available).
The program is free of charge.
LifeCare Women’s Centre also offers a range of workshops and activities which enhance the main program. Workshops are available to current and past program participants. Registration is required.
Art Therapy classes
Fitness and self-defence classes
Wednesdays 1:15pm – 2:45pm
(during school terms)
The children’s program provides a safe, caring, educational and fun program where children can thrive.
For children aged 0-5 years
Includes Montessori-based activities teaching children resilience, confidence, self-discipline and the love of learning
Includes craft and interactive play, music and movement, stories and outdoor play
Provides respite for the mums to focus on their own healing journey